HOMEOWNER DO's and DON'TS
Florida pest management is best accomplished when the individual home, warehouse, business, or office current environment is assessed and then treated based on the "IPM" (integrated pest management) approach. we have always practiced the "Least is best" approach and while ALWAYS considering your environment before any programs begin.
With the above in mind please consider the following in assisting us to help you in providing the desired results in your pest prevention and/or management program.
1. Always keep food and crumbs picked up and have any trash cans emptied on a frequent basis.
2. Drain gnats are common certain of the year and can breed quickly. It is best to always keep drains free from collecting food material, protein shakes, etc. These must be rinsed down the drains for several minutes. If not, a scum buildup will develop and the lifecycles will begin.
3. Always check you items from the store to ensure no unwanted weevils have come home with you.
4. All doors and windows should have a tight seal and no daylight should be visible. If there is a gap beneath the door, a simple door sweep can be installed easily and for only a few dollars. (under $15.00)
5. Outdoor lights should be on a motion sensor and should NOT be on all night. These lights will invite flying bugs which invites spiders, etc.
6. Anytime you have air conditioning work, always make sure the plenum assembly is sealed and secured around your pipes to prevent any future pests.
7. Homes that have damp closets, or damp and musty rooms will probably notice silverfish, bagworms, psoicids etc. this is easily rectified by reducing the humidity.
8. Inspect all clothing and furniture that are brought in from outside or from garage sales, or even stores. If you see a bug, take a picture of it and text it to us.
9. We see a lot of properties where the owners visit only a few times a year yet the cupboards are stocked with pasta noodles, seasonings, grain products, including cereals and dogfoods. If your going to have excess then I would strongly recommend keeping those items in plastic ziplock bags, galss jars, plastic tuperware, or in your freezer or refrigerator. The pantry pests will infest any and all of the above.
10. Last but not least...Have a pest control program! Either a professional on a regular basis providing a pro-active approach or if your doing it yourself, keep notes and keep on a regular schedule. (and if that doesnt work...Give us a call!!!)
We have over twenty years experience providing termite control, termite treatment and pest management in Seminole and all over Pinellas and Hillsborough counties.
Do you use smelly and dangerous poisons and are they safe for children and pets?
No, with today's baits and newer products available to solve pest related problems, most of the time there is little odor if any. We also like to concentrate on PEST PREVENTION. YES, all services prior to being performed are assessed to the "least is best" approach, also the IPM (integrated pest management) to determine the exact problem, the environment affected, the people or pets. With all that in mind we can review a low impact successful program that will safely protect your health and your property.
Yes, we can and do. We also, provide Exclusions & Prevention techniques with a guarantee, Please contact our office for more details.
YES, Excellent question, we are Certified in the following categories with the State of Florida Department of Agriculture & Bureau of Entomology. License: (#1) Residential & Commercial Pest & Rodent Control, (#2) Termite and Other Wood Infesting Organisms, (#3) Lawn, Shrubs, and Ornamental Fertilization, Insect and Weed Control, (#4)Certified in Mosquito Suppression, also we are "BMP" Certified (Best Management Practice). All technicians are Certified Commercial Fertilizer Applicators, and we are required each year to maintain CEU's (continuing education) in the licensed areas and before our annual license renewal we are required to provide current insurance requirements and meet State requirements according to Florida Statutes.
Yes, we always guarantee any services we provide unless otherwise requested.
The smaller company by far will always provide you better service, more consistent service, and a wider range of solutions since the big guys use only a few products for ALL situations.
YES!, we will put your neighbors to work in your community, unlike the bigger companies who may not.
YES, that is true. Pest problems and products used to safely manage them are continuously changing, that's why its important to stay abreast of the latest information and techniques as well as laws.
NO, unlike the larger companies who have quotas to meet, Pro2CaLL will only call you for additional services if it is in your best interest.
YES, FULLY. Proof of Insurance available upon request.
BS University of South Florida, CPO (certified pest control operator) in GHP (general household pest control),L&O (lawn and ornamnetal), and Termite control. Also a Member FPMA, NPMA, CPCO, BBB.
Yes, usually 5%, unless you already have a discount price. Please call for details.